To all Local 110 members,
Our Annual Local 110 Retirement party is all set for September 26 at the Tijuana Yaught Club, Canad Inns Polo Park. Tickets are $25 again and are available from all the reps. Call Frank if you need some tickets, I will get them to you.
July 7th 2015
Letter to the Editor:
Regarding the Winnipeg School Division Board of Trustees:
I was surprised to read the article that came to the conclusion that (The Winnipeg School Division Board of Trustees is out of control).
The Winnipeg School Division Board of Trustees was elected to represent the wants and needs of the constituents in their particular wards in a democratic process.
The people, living and working within the Winnipeg School Division elect people from their specific areas to represent our values and needs regarding the education of our children.
In my eyes, the Board of Trustees act as the governing body for the School Division and is or should be responsible for assuring that the Administration also represents the wants and needs of the people living within the boundaries of the Winnipeg School Division.
So to suggest that the Board of Trustees sit back and support Administration decisions without considering and/or representing the publics input or direction is an unrealistic/ridicules view.
Regarding the time restriction to “put the Board of Trustees house in order.¨ There is an election process regarding putting people in the political positions in the Winnipeg School Division. That opportunity comes open every 4 years. At which time they will be judged democratically.
Just as the provincial government shall be judged in 2016.
Terry Egan President Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 110
July 6th 2015
Regarding the Disability part of our Pension Plan … The fights the Union takes on are never ending:
Did you know:
1) To my understanding the Winnipeg School Division Pension Plan was set up with the disability part of our plan attached to and or being part of the pension plan.
2) Also to my understanding the pension plan already had safe guards put in place regarding the plan’s ability to support employees of the Division. Such as, the motion passed years back by Mario Santos regarding the Division being responsible for all short falls of our plan. As well, I understand that the committee has the power to recommend changes to the plan however I believe such changes would have to be agreeable to all parties concerned.
I would find it almost impossible to believe that even if investment returns were not as rich as they have been in the past that there would be any support from either the committee members or the Board of Trustees regarding any type of changes to the plan that could negatively effect our members. i.e. changing to a money purchase plan or support for any type of negative benefit changes.
3) As far as I know there are no such pension regulations that force any type of plan changes such as have been implemented.
Regarding the minutes of the meeting held on June 13th 2012
4) Although I did not know Barbra Hogan, I understand now that she was an employee of the Division. I also understand now that she informed the committee of her opinions but I don’t know if she was also privy to the information from points 1, 2, and 3 above.
5) No where does it show in this meeting any motion to separate the plan’s structure to read disability benefits as not part of the regular pension plan.
6) This meeting shows committee members were informed of the way things are. However, I do not believe any of the members sitting in committee were made aware of Points 1, 2, and 3 above, as well the minutes do not show there was voting on the issue.
7) Finally: The minutes of this meeting were not signed by either the Chair or the Secretary.
Terry Egan President 110
We will be selling some t-shirts within the next week. I have a few designs available prices should be between $20-$25 regular and long sleeve shirts..
June 5th, 2015
Congratulations Local 110 on our 4 year deal. 2%, 2%, 2% and 1.5% and 1.5% in the final year. Plus over and aboves for Head Custodians and Bus Mechanics. We had a 97% approval rate yesterday. There were many hand shakes and pats on the backs of our President and executives. Local 110 scores again.
A ratification meeting will be held Thursday June 4,2015 @ RB Russell in the theater. In order to meet the needs of all members there will be two meetings to vote on the contract.
THERE WILL BE A RATIFICATION MEETING HELD:
THURSDAY JUNE 4 , 2015
FIRST MEETING 10:30 A.M – 1:30 P.M
SECOND MEETING 4:30 P.M – 7:00 P.M
June 1, 2015
TO: ALL CUPE LOCAL 110 MEMBERS
Annual Family Picnic
On Springfield Road
Sunday, June 21, 2015 Time: 12 noon – 3:00 p.m.
There is mini golf, shuffleboard, tennis, playground, golf course and driving range. There will be prizes for a silent auction; people who attend will be given a certain amount of tickets. The Executive will not participate in the auction draw.
We encourage all members to come out to the Family Picnic.
Food and refreshments will be provided.
Feel Free to Bring:
- Lawn Chairs
- Baseball Gloves
Come and follow us we are now saying that we are on Twitter @cupe110.
Follow and you we see all of our posts or any news we have to show
For all executive members I have updated the seniority list online call me if you need the password….
May 28, 2015
Our Annual Local 110 retirement party is a go for September 26, 2015 at the Tijuana Yaucht Club at the Canad Inns Polo Park 1405 St Matthews