Letter to the Members of CUPE Local 110
Here at Local 110 we the Executives are here to help our fellow members, with our current issues. Rick Pechel (assistant caretaker rep) has taken it upon himself to assist our members on any information you will need about courses, when and where they are available. Give him a call and he will direct you in the right direction.
Swaran Dhaliwal has also agreed to get the information to our members about vacant positions and who filled them.
Frank Harder and Mike Martin want to assist our current and retired members on all issues with our Sun Life benefit plan. The new plan is the same as the old plan. One of most common complaint from our members is the problem with dental issues. Most of the issues are to do with scaling. Your dentist should look at the contract. We all have 3 units of scaling you’re allowed to go twice a year so limit scaling to 1 and a ½ each time.
Here are the numbers of the Executive that you reach by phone
- Terry Egan, President 204-333-2061
- Phil Brown, Chair wage & grievance 204-997-2371
- Swaran Dhaliwal, Head caretaker rep 204-333-7892
- Mike Martin, Assistant Caretaker rep, benefits 204-333-2060
- Rick Pechel, Assistant Caretaker rep 204-228-6573
- Abe Araya, Utility Rep 204-333-1585
- Frank Harder, Warden, Benefits and Website 204-228-0504
As our Executive keeps up with the times, and continues to keep our members informed, we ask you all to get the word out about our website and joining our email list so we all can keep up with all LOCAL 110 news and issues. www.cupe110.ca
Warden & Benefits